We are looking for an experienced Welder to join our rapidly growing team! If you enjoy being part of a busy equipment team, this is the role for you!
The Mainland Group is a multidisciplinary construction service provider specializing in all civil works and excavation such as site services, residential subdivisions, roads, highways, bridges, excavation, shoring, commercial site development and large industrial infrastructure projects.
The Opportunity: The Welder is responsible for providing ongoing welding repairs and fabricating as required on heavy construction equipment, including dump trucks and other mobile equipment.
What You’ll Do:
- Work safely in a construction site and promote a safe work environment adhering to safety policies and procedures including participation in safety meetings and visibly promote health, safety, quality, and environment in the workplace through actions, example, and attitude
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment;
- Manually weld components together.
- Visually inspect welds and parts for defects.
- Maintain and perform minor repairs on welding, brazing and soldering equipment;
- Determine weldability of materials
- Operate Stick welding for general fabrication of Steel.
- Operate metal shaping machines and other metal straightening and bending machines.
- Operate brazing and soldering equipment.
- Repair worn parts of metal products by welding extra layers.
- Responsible for manual welding of parts and repair of rework parts while maintaining required quality and standards.
- Read and interpret welding blueprints, drawings specifications, manuals and processes;
- Examine welds and ensure that they meet standards and/or specification
- Check all safety controls for proper operations.
- Follow safety procedures and ensure good welding practices.
- Ensure job hazard analysis is completed for assigned tasks
- Other duties assigned by supervisor.
What you bring:
- Completion of a three-year apprenticeship program or an acceptable combination of 3+ years of relevant work experience and some college or industry courses in welding is required.
- Three to five years’ recent experience on heavy construction equipment
- Be motivated and able to work in a challenging environment with minimal supervision.
- Incorporate health, safety, quality, and environment expectations into the planning of all projects and work
- Must be able to work shifts, i.e. noon to 8 pm. Must be able to work flexible hours, available for overtime as needed.
- Must be able to interact with professionalism and courtesy with all clients and members of the public
- Work as a team with other crew members on daily activities
- First aid, confined space, and fall protection training is an asset
- Must be physically fit, able to spend most or all shift standing, walking, lifting, and carrying, working hands-on in an outdoor environment in all types of weather
- Valid current Class 5 B.C. Driver’s License with satisfactory drivers abstract.
- Must be local to the Lower Mainland / Fraser Valley
At Mainland, we believe that our people are our greatest asset. We are dedicated to developing, recognizing, and retaining talented employees. We offer a fun, respectful and supportive multi-cultural working environment. Our growing team is hardworking, personable, and passionate about delivering high quality results, with a high level of integrity.
What we offer:
- Union wages and benefits
- Opportunities for training and advancement
- Employee Referral Program
- Safe working environment
- The opportunity to be a part of our exciting growth as a Company!
To apply: go to www.mainlandgroup.ca/careers Applications will only be accepted as online submissions through the Mainland Group website.
Please, no unsolicited resumes or phone inquiries from agencies, thank you. Only local candidates will be considered.