Job ID: 228059
Halfen USA, a CRH company, is the American arm of Halfen GmbH Germany, a world class engineering and manufacturing company with over 80 years history. From our traditional base of high-quality construction products for the building and civil engineering sectors, we are also designing, manufacturing and supplying off the shelf mechanical and structural connection solutions to blue-chip industrial companies worldwide. Halfen quality products are used in many construction sectors reaching from high rise buildings such as Burj Khalifa in Dubai, or the New World Trade Centre to tunnels and into high safety relevant projects such as nuclear power plants all around the globe.
The welder is responsible to fit and hand weld parts according to the company’s specifications using GMAW (MIG Welding).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs daily inspection and pre-startup PM
Ability to read drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of
operations, and setup requirements
- Ability to understand welding symbols and specifications according to AWS D1.1, D1.4 and D1.6
- Must be able to perform set-ups for jobs (Build custom welding jigs according to requirements)
- Must be willing to accept and receive frequent supervision and assistance following best practices
- Individual is consistently at work on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and solicits feedback to improve performance
- Individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly
- Ensure paperwork is filled out completely and accurately
- Clean-up of working area and entire surroundings
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Requirements / Skills
- High school diploma or GED, preferred
- At least 1 year of welding experience and/or training, preferred
- Ability to read blueprints and welding symbols
- Ability to read a tape measure and caliper
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as requested
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Lifting no more than 40 lbs.
- Intermittent bending, lifting, stooping, reaching, walking, and squatting
- Standing for long periods of time
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Halfen USA, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability-If you want to know more, please click on this link.