Highline Core Values include:
We do the right thing, always. We lead the way. We are fanatical about quality. We are transparent in our relationships. We always consider the human element. We embrace diversity and inclusion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structures to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- Develops working knowledge of methods used for welding a variety of materials and components
- Adheres to the Safety Policies, including use of proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and other safety equipment
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- A valid certificate professional certification (e.g. an AWS welding certificate) in welding from an accredited institution is preferred
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a welder
- Excellent knowledge of welding machinery, electrical equipment, and manual tools
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Good knowledge of and adherence to safety standards
As a proud farm feeding families across North America, we operate all 365 days a year.
Earnings & Benefits:
- Paid Vacation Time
- Safety Shoe Reimbursement
Location of work:
- 281090 Service Road, Range Road 293, Crossfield, AB, T0M 0S0.
Highline encourages applications from all qualified candidates. When requested Highline will accommodate people with disabilities at all stages of the recruitment, assessment and hiring process.
Contract length: 1 month
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: From $34.93 per hour
- Welding: 2 years (Preferred)