Job Title: Welder D
Job Code: FBSD
Job Location: Tulsa, OK
Highly developed support individual contributor. Works autonomously. May act as a mentor to lower level peers and provide guidance on tasks. Makes recommendations for solutions. Works on assignments requiring judgment and initiative.
Essential Job Duties:
- Must qualify to weld in accordance with the Inert-Gas Shielded Metal Arc Process (TIG) for Aluminum, and/or (MIG/TIG) Mild and/or Stainless Steel as required to support specific product lines.
- Must be capable of qualifying and welding in accordance with company standards, and Military standards S9074-AR-GIB-101/278 and MIL-STD-22D.
- Responsible for preparing parts and materials per company’s welding procedure to insure proper welding of the materials.
- Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, fit up, and welding operations of structures.
- Skilled in the use of measuring tools or instruments, as provided and appropriate, to assure accuracy in dimensions of work in process.
- Must be able to work for sustained periods of time in the standing position, be capable of reading, comprehending and complying with Work Instruction Process Sheets and Blueprints.
- Must have a working knowledge of welding equipment controls for both processing and safety.
- Must be able to effectively utilize fixtures, jigs, grinders and clamps, as provided for effective positioning, holding and material preparation of parts to be welded.
- Must have the ability to work without close supervision.
- Must be capable of assisting peers or Welder B’s as required.
- Weld correct weld procedure as instructed on drawing.
- Must be able to hold all dimensions on drawing within tolerances, ensure parts are straight and square when completed, allow for shrinkage control, prepare parts and material as required.
- Must maintain a clean and safe work environment by following all safety regulations.
- Perform other duties within incumbent’s or Welder B’s abilities.
- Requires highly developed job knowledge/skills. Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- 5 years experience welding aluminum and/or steel in a manufacturing environment in accordance to Military Standards or similar standards.
- Experience may be a combination of work experience and schooling.
- Must have knowledge of basic Math (add, subtract, multiply, and divide), be able to read and comprehend written material, be able to understand and follow verbal instructions, be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Requires bending, stooping, twisting, reaching, turning, and pushing/pulling of heavy parts, standing or walking 80% of the time, ability to see with or without corrective lenses.
- Requires working overtime as needed.
MUST PASS APPLICABLE WELD TESTS (WPS) PRIOR TO HIRE.
MUST TAKE L3Harris WELDER WORKMANSHIP TRAINING WITHIN 30 DAYS AFTER HIRE.