GFL Environmental Inc. (GFL) is a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety focused company. With Operations across North America and over 10,000 employees, GFL provides collection and processing of Waste, Recycling and Organics. The Long Haul division headquartered in Ayr, Ontario specializes in the hauling and transportation of waste from transfer stations to landfills. GFL Long Haul is currently seeking a skilled welder to join their growing team on a full-time basis.
· 100% Company-paid employee benefits program
· Group Retirement Savings plan
· Deferred Profit-Sharing plan with stock options
· Competitive Salaries
· Permanent full-time role
· Opportunities for Advancement
· Lay out, position and align parts and assemblies prior to welding.
· Examine aluminum trailers for defects, identify and carry out a plan of action for required welding repairs.
· Performing repairs by shearing, bending, grinding and cutting materials to create the desired weldment.
· Reducing equipment returns by producing strong welds that are smooth, non-porous, and consistent with quality standards.
· Inspect and test welds to ensure accuracy and equipment safety.
· Monitor welding supplies and gas levels daily to ensure adequate resources are available.
· Perform all work in accordance with established OHSA and company safety procedures.
· Maintain a safe and organizing working area.
Knowledge, Skills, Competencies
· GED (High School) diploma and valid welding certificate.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in a related role.
· Valid G license or reliable transportation to and from work.
· Applicants with a valid AZ license will be viewed with priority.
· Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GFL Environmental an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
GFL is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). GFL will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- welding: 1 year (preferred)