Weldco-Beales Manufacturing designs and manufactures specialized heavy equipment attachments for the construction, forestry, mining, scrap recycling, road maintenance and resource industries throughout Canada, the USA and internationally. Weldco prides itself on providing a great employee experience where safety always comes first. Weldco-Beales is currently recruiting a Welder for the Barrie manufacturing team. This position will report to the Shop Foreman.
Weldco-Beales prides itself on maintaining a strong culture of safety, hard work, and pleasing our customers with high quality customer service and products. We have an all hands-on deck attitude where everyone has a genuine interest in the company’s success. We all know if the company does well, we all do well. We are looking for like-minded people who will support our culture. If you fit the bill, please read on…
What you will do:
- Read and interpret blue prints or welding process specifications
- Follow directions given in layouts, drawings and work orders
- Welding of various heavy equipment attachments and components utilizing MCAW and FCAW
- Use of overhead cranes
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe work environment at all times
- Ensures workmanship throughout the manufacturing process and on finished goods meets or exceeds the cost, quality and schedule expectations of all customers
- Active participation in the WBM safety program, ensuring that workplace safety exists at all time
- Other duties as required.
- A minimum of five years of related experience in the 1/16 metal core and 3/32 flux core is essential to this position
- Experience in multi pass welding is a requirement.
What you bring to the position:
- Communication skills to read, write, listen and speak in a clear and concise manner to individuals at all levels of the organization
- Interpersonal skills to work collaboratively and cooperatively with others
- Time management skills to productively complete work and meet all expected deadlines
- Organizational skills to plan out and coordinate their work in a logical manner
- Analytical skills to identify problems and find a solution or seek advice from the supervisor
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 55 lbs.
- Excellent safety record
If you feel you fit the overall profile, please clearly demonstrate this in your cover letter and resume when applying.
What we bring:
- Competitive pay
- Health, dental, insurances, Employee Assistance Program, MSP (BC)
- Company Pension Plan with 3% company matching
- Rewards – employee incentive program, service awards, company/team events
- Personal growth, career advancement opportunities
- Feedback and recognition for a job well done
- Education and apprenticeship support
- A workplace the prides itself on safety, cleanliness, respect, and results.
Weldco Companies is a subsidiary of IDC (Inuvialuit Development Corporation) and is 100% Inuvialuit owned. Weldco provides Employment and Career Development opportunities for its beneficiaries and employees.
Applications for this position may be kept on file for twelve months and may be considered for future positions within Weldco or IDC. Your interest in Weldco is appreciated. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Powered by JazzHR