Welder: Experienced, Apprentice or Journeyman
Kleysen Group Ltd.
Location: 2800 McGillivray Blvd – Oak Bluff, MB
Are you looking to join a diversely skilled & talented team in a company that offers on-the-job training and opportunities for promotion as your skills develop? We are currently looking to add a new FULL-TIME Permanent Welder to our team at our Winnipeg Fleet Repair & Maintenance Facility. Our fully equipped facility is clean and modern, with a workplace environment that instills safety while doing your best work. Ideally the candidate has welding experience and is in or seeking to enter the apprenticeship program.
Job skills include SMAW, GMAW (steel) GMAW (aluminum) in the repair and modification of heavy trailing equipment and the fabrication of assemblies required for use with this equipment. Trailing equipment to be repaired and modified will include: flat deck trailers, intermodal containers, end dump and pneumatic tank trailers. In order to facilitate these repairs, there can be some mechanical disassembly and reassembly equipment in order to perform the required welding and maintenance repairs.
Manufacturing and production equipment operated within our plant include the above listed welding machines, oxy acetylene and plasma arc cutting torches, metal shear, punch press, drill press and power hacksaws.
Day Shift: Monday to Friday – 8-hour shift between 6:00 am to 6:00 pm (shift to be determined)
- Preference given to candidates with at least 2 years’ experience working on tractors/trailers
- Strong work ethic and attendance
- Must be physically able
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must have own tools and safety boots
- Demonstrated safety knowledge
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Must have own vehicle as public transportation is not available
- Pre-employment drug testing is mandatory for this position as it is deemed safety sensitive.
Why choose Kleysen?
- Competitive wages with reviews based on experience level and assigned role
- Benefits include: Health, Vision & Dental Benefits, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and AD&D
- Employer matched Pension Plan
- Free parking
- Coveralls are supplied and laundered
- Annual tool & boot allowances
- Secure & Stable Employment
- Employee Educational Assistance Policy (Apprenticeship supported)
- Social Club – Mix fun with work!
More about us:
Kleysen has been a transportation solution provider for over 90 years. Kleysen is also one of over 30 companies that make up the Mullen Group. We are forever growing, and we are always looking for new skilled employees to add to our team. Our business is driven by the passion, trust and loyalty that our employees foster with each other and or vision. Other locations include Edmonton, Calgary, Saskatoon, & Esterhazy, SK!!
How To Apply?
Please send us your resume with your hourly wage expectations and 2 work related references to [email protected] or fax, 204-488-5360.
We will be recruiting immediately.
Kleysen is an equal opportunity employer and we thank all candidates in advance for their interest in our company however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.