- Position, align, fit, and weld parts to form complete units or sub-units by following: blueprint, jig layouts or other specifications.
- Utilize all pipe fitting techniques and methods for different types of piping systems and pipe couplings including butt welded, socket welded, threaded, Victaulic, grooved, glued and fused joints.
- Use appropriate hand and power tools to properly measure, cut, assemble weld and install all types of pipe and or similar tubular products: install supports, valves and other control equipment, test installed piping systems and install all other related items in accordance with the applicable plans and specifications, bolt, clamp or weld parts to secure in position for welding; complete welds according to specific process and code.
- Read blue prints or other instructions to determine product specifications including materials requirements and operational methods.
- Verify conformance of work pieces to specifications, using squares, rulers, and measuring tapes.
- Understanding of proper riggers to lift materials or work pieces using cranes or other lifting equipment.
- Set up and operate fabricating machines, such as brakes, rolls, shears, flame cutters, grinders, and drill presses, to bend, cut, form, punch, drill, or otherwise form and assemble metal components.
- Lay out and examine metal stock or work pieces to be processed to ensure that specifications are met.
- Setup and run the following: Mig, Flux, Stick and Tig
- Strong understanding of how to interpret blue prints including: welding specifications, symbols and procedures.
- Must be able to use and read measuring devices including but not limited to: squares, levels and tape measures.
- Assemble work pieces to specification with or without blue prints.
- Multi-task projects effectively and efficiently while adhering strict timeline
- Initiate assigned task with little supervision
- 4 years fabrication experience
- Complete weld tests
- Reliable transportation
- Valid drivers licenses
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $18.50 – $25.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All employee work stations are a minimum of 10 feet apart.
- Welding: 4 years (Preferred)
- One location
- Multiple locations
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place