American Iron & Metal (AIM) is a family-owned, Canadian-based company founded in 1936 in Montreal, Quebec. Recognized as one of North America’s most sophisticated metal recyclers, AIM has evolved into a successful and multifaceted company with a global footprint.
At AIM, we understand that the well-being of our employees is the key factor for our international success. Accordingly, we promote a safe, fair and dynamic work environment that provides excellent training programs and career advancement plans and maintains the highest safety standards.
If you are looking for career development and an opportunity to work for a company that promotes growth, then keep reading!
American Iron and Metal, (AIM) is a growth-oriented metal recycling and processing company located in Hamilton, Ontario. We are currently recruiting for an experienced full-time Welder/Fabricator to join our team. We are looking for someone who is a motivated, tenacious, eager to learn and take on a challenge.
- Minimum 3 years’ Welding experience with both MIG, TIG and Stick
- Tickets preferred but not required.
- Must have experienced in vertical up, overhead, gouging and hard facing
- Experience working safely in a heavy industrial setting.
- Job requires working indoors, outdoors, exposure to the elements
Proficient in welding and torch cutting a must.
- Able to complete work orders and ensure any parts that are used are documented for reordering.
- Able to work independently and stay focused and on-task.
- Able to prioritize urgency based on production requirements.
- Able to stay on task past regular scheduled hours to ensure completion.
Applicants with proven mechanical aptitude will be considered in high regard. This position is ideal for a person with Scrap yard experience and/or industries with transferable skills- stamping, mining.
If you are interested in this amazing career opportunity, please apply directly to this ad with your resume outlining how you would benefit our already dynamic team !