We are seeking a new team member to join our growing metal shop as welder/fabricator. Metal projects are 80% steel, 20% aluminum, and projects vary from small to very large. Fabricators will be expected to clean and maintain their work areas, and help out other departments from time to time. Press Break experience is a definite plus for our applicants.
This is a full time job, and the shift runs Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm. We are looking for someone with experience operating both CNC and manual hydraulic equipment, using power tools effectively and who has an eye for quality. Applicant MUST be able to accurately read a tape measure and a caliper, and understand how to read weld schematics and drawings in order to build within set tolerances.
- Equipment start up, daily inspection and shut down
- Regular basic machine maintenance
- Safe operation of all shop equipment and tools
- Following all safety policies and procedures
- Daily shop cleanup
- Reading drawings and fabricating metal products to specifications
- Reading measuring equipment accurately to ensure QC criteria are met
- Knowledge/experience with stud welding equipment
- Other fabrication tasks as required
Applicants must speak English very well and be able to get to and from work each day. A comprehensive extended benefits package start after three months’ probation. We look forward to meeting our next team member!
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
Reference ID: PMW Fabricator
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.00-$28.00 per hour
- Welding: 2 years (Required)
- Fabrication: 2 years (Required)