Barminco Mine Services Canada Ltd. is part of the Perenti Group, an ASX 200 company and Australia’s second largest integrated mining services provider.
New to Canada, Barminco is already a global leader in hard rock underground mining. Together with African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) we have been operating for over 30 years in Australia, India, and across Africa (Egypt, Ghana, Tanzania, Botswana and Burkina Faso). New projects will see Barminco and AUMS grow to over 4,500 employees in 2020.
We provide state of the art facilities, equipment, technology and opportunities to work on projects all over the world. We look forward to receiving your application for the opportunity presented below.
At Barminco Mine Services Canada Ltd., we are committed to fostering a culture that understands and values inclusion and diversity.
Barminco Mine Services Canada Ltd. has an exciting opportunity for an experienced, certified Welder to join our team at the Williams Mine, Hemlo Operations near Marathon, Ontario.
This role is 14-days on / 14-days off. Shifts are days and nights. It is a “drive in/drive out” role if you reside outside the Marathon area.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for their safety and the safety of their co-workers while performing welding and other maintenance duties underground at the Hemlo Operations.
More specifically, our Welder/Fabricators will:
- Carry out planned and unplanned inspections, repairs and maintenance of heavy duty and light duty mobile equipment and other mechanical services underground
- Carry out work safely following procedures and to specifications
- Perform the necessary cleaning of equipment and parts before maintenance or repair
- Report all the relevant information that can affect the availability, safety and proper functioning of the equipment
- Other maintenance related duties as required
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalency
- Demonstrated commitment to working safely while ensuring the safety of others
- Ontario Provincial or Inter-Provincial certificates preferred
- Experience working in an underground mine
- Proficient in welding MIG, TIG and Stick and torch cutting a must
- Be flexible and willing to assist with a variety of tasks as required
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly
- Strong communications, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
What we offer:
Barminco Mine Services Canada Ltd. can offer you a role where you will be challenged and valued for your skills and experience. You will also have the opportunity to develop and grow your career.
We offer a competitive salary, health and medical benefits, travel allowance, meals and camp accommodations in Marathon Ontario, which is located on the north shore of Lake Superior.
NOTE: Selected candidates will have to successfully complete a pre-employment Fit for Duty medical including alcohol and drug screening.