This position will assist with welding and installation of standard and custom structural steel projects in the field.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints and specifications
- Work from mobile elevated work platforms
- Job task planning and organizing
- Promote and demonstrate a safe work environment.
- Prepare materials prior to assembly
- Rig, hoist, align and secure steel by bolting or welding methods
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment for fuse metal segments using these processes: flux cred arc welding (FCAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW) and stick welding
- Work with crane operators and understand crane signals
The ideal candidate will have CWB SMAW/FCAW all position ticket combined with 3-5 years of experience in the construction industry working with Structural Steel and demonstrate a high degree of initiative. Welding experience is an asset. You must have a valid driver’s license, a clean Safe Drivers abstract, and the ability to lift items in excess of 50 lbs. You must be reliable and punctual, with excellent communication and team-based interpersonal skills. You will be required to work outdoors in various weather conditions and must be comfortable working at heights with power tools. Employees must supply their own hard hat and work boots. Canada Scaffold Supply will supply all safety gear.
Please email your interest to [email protected].