Guardian Fleet Services is an EMPLOYEE OWNED company!
Come join our team!
If you are looking to hang your hat with an organization where you can have a career and not just a job, give us a look.
Employees are part owners of the company! If the company does well, everyone does well!
We are one of the largest towing, recovery and special transport companies in the country and now we have a salvage division.
2 years of experience required.
Guardian Fleet Services is looking for a new team member to join our Spring Hill salvage division. The primary responsibility for a Welder/Fabricator is to perform welding repairs for our roll off dumpsters. We seek someone who is punctual, has a great attitude and has at least 2-3 years of basic welding experience. You must have the ability to get along wit the team but work independently.
- Report each scheduled day, on-time, ready and able to work
- You will be involved in layout, cutting, fitting, accurate measurement and welding of metal. Actively welds and spends the majority of the time in welding processes.
- Applies a basic understanding in the operation and maintenance of machines and tools utilized in the welding environment.
- Measures work pieces to verify conformance to specifications.
- Positions, produces, and fastens parts in specified relationship to each other as required.
- Refers to blueprints, technical drawings, and other written directions as needed
- Maintains a clean and safe work area,
- Maintains and wears all required personal protective safety equipment.
- Able to promptly produce quality work that satisfies job requirements.
- Participates in all continuous improvement programs by offering suggestions and by exhibiting initiative
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- 2-3 years of welding experience
- Relevant trade school (preferred but not mandatory)
Job requires lifting, crawling, pulling, constant use of hands, significant bending and reaching, climbing. significant physical strength and stamina. Ability to lift and pull at least 50 lbs. Good hearing and vision required.
Competencies and Abilities
- Strong customer service skills, professional demeanor
- Must be able to speak, write and communicate in English
- Ability to communication calmly and effectively
- Time management skills
- Basic mechanical skills and ability to use tools required for the job
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Guardian Fleet Services Inc. is a Florida-based towing, recovery and specialized transportation provider with 15 terminals throughout Florida. We also have a new salvage division! We are the leaders in providing uncompromised professional towing, recovery and specialized transportation services to municipal, state and federal agencies, and commercial enterprises throughout the state of Florida and beyond.
Guardian Fleet Services was formed as a consolidation of Kauff’s Transportation Systems, Crockett’s Towing and Recovery, Ace Towing and Recovery, Professional Towing and Recovery, American Towing and Transport, and Alligator Towing and Transport.
As an employee-owned company, Guardian Fleet Services employees have a vested interest in exceeding customer’s requirements and expectations in a prompt and worry-free manner.
EEOC Policy Statement – Guardian Fleet Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply.