Met-Stra Contracting Ltd. is an industrial construction company that delivers industrial and commercial fabrication/ construction, maintenance and shutdown services to multiple industries including ports, mining, cement, and sawmills, throughout British Columbia. Met-Stra’s multi-trade services include mechanical millwright services, Structural/Misc. steel/pipe fabrication & installation. Met-Stra Contracting’s commitment to the highest standards of health, safety, environmental protection and quality is paramount on all projects.
We are a growing construction & maintenance company looking for a skilled and motivated Welder/Fabricator to join our team. Our head office is in Port Kells but we currently have projects all over the Lower Mainland
Met-Stra Contracting is looking for an experienced Welder/Fabricator who is CWB certified to W47.1. We require a hardworking professional to work on various job sites throughout the lower mainland as required to complete projects.
We are looking for someone with the following traits:
· A background in commercial and industrial welding
· Ability to complete jobs on time and on budget
· Ability to read and interpret project plans and blueprints to perform required tasks
· Familiarity with safe welding practices
· Ability to work both independently and within a team
· Must currently be living within the lower mainland
· Must have own reliable transportation
Benefits offered after successful completion of three month probation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $26.00-$38.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- mig welding: 1 year (Preferred)
- Welding: 1 year (Preferred)