Evoqua’s unparalleled portfolio of proven brands, advanced technologies, mobile and emergency water supply solutions and service helps cities across the world provide and discharge clean water, and enable leisure and commercial industry to maximize productivity and profitability.
Every day, millions of people and thousands of companies rely on Evoqua Water Technologies to help them meet their needs for clean water.
Join our 4000 professionals around the world as we Transform Water. Enrich Life.
Evoqua Water Technologies LLC has an opening for a Field Operations Worker located in Thomasville, GA. Applicant must place safety first, capable of performing fabrication tasks assigned to First Class levels of quality and quantity standards, rapidly interpret Evoqua drawings and prints. Applicant must have knowledge and experience with welding, be able to interpret weld procedure, data sheets, understand what types of filler metal, shielding gases, and heat parameters are required to operate within the procedure specified for each job. Applicant must be capable of calculating mathematical problems, basic knowledge and usage of algebra and geometry is a necessary skill for performance of this position. Applicant must have knowledge and previous experience in fabrication fit-up work, flame cutting, know small tools associated with fabrication and welding, and how to use and maintain these tools and other related equipment connected with fabrication or welding work. The work is often physically hard and the person must be willing and able to perform various duties with minimum supervision and under various working conditions – in all types of weather. At times the job may include assignments involving work other than normal day shifts, working at elevated heights, and/or other unusual conditions.
- Perform assigned fabrication tasks with minimum supervision
- Capable of performing certified welding operations with 6010, 6011, 7018, and 7024 welding electrodes, also performing certified welding with mig welding operations.
- Capable of using all types of hand tools, grinders, drills, angle finders, squares, tape measures, etc.
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs.
- Reading and interpreting Evoqua drawings and prints.
- Taking and passing safety compliance test (OSHA 10 hour course, Fire extinguisher, 5 Star driving).
- Willingness to continuously practice job safety and good housekeeping and to work overtime as required.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- 2-5 years of experience in construction and welding
- Have basic working knowledge of algebra and geometry
- Be able to travel at moment’s notice
- Have good people skills
- Be able to work with minimum supervision
- Time managing ability
- Technical capabilities
- Strong leadership qualities
- Effectively communicate
- Good work judgment
- Completes and submits shop work orders, rework, and miscellaneous sheets to update individual utilization reports on a daily basis or as required ensuring hours worked equals hours paid.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Leads in your department by example.
- Supports and promotes all company policies
- Supports Manager of department in company, department, procedure and safety standards and policies.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Computer literacy preferred.
- Fabrication / Welding experience required:
- Proven knowledge of the American Welding Society welding symbols and codes.
- Must possess knowledge of welding processes GMAW and FCAW at a minimum.
- Maintain a strong sense of urgency, initiative, and ability to understand and solve fabrication problems.
Evoqua Water Technologies prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Evoqua Water Technologies takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity (http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)
Evoqua does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidates from search firms.
Nearest Major Market: Thomasville
Nearest Secondary Market: Valdosta