The Welder manufactures detailed parts and assemblies from blueprints, sketches, drawings and verbal instructions using a variety of tools and equipment and especially the joining of metals by welding or brazing. Basic knowledge of metals and welding/brazing equipment is essential.
Candidates must be available for training on the day shift (7:30 am-4:00 pm) before moving to the afternoon shift. The afternoon shift runs Monday to Thursday from 3:00 pm to 1:30 am.
Location: Mississauga, ON
- Determines how to set up work area based on instructions received.
- Operates metal removing and joining tools and machines and other supporting equipment often using mathematical calculations.
- Trains others in the welding trade when directed.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years Welder/Fitter experience and/or have completed a certified welding course
- Must currently hold CWB welding tickets, or able to attain, for stainless steel, mild steel, and aluminum in the SMAW, GMAW/FCAW, GTAW welding processes, multiple positions.
- Must be able to read and interpret Engineering/Shop drawings, sketches, and AWS welding symbols
- Ability to work from Manufacturing routings (work orders) or verbal instructions
- Good understanding of distortion control and ability to weld to a tolerance range from 1/8″ to.010″ where required by drawing
- Experience working with materials including Aluminum, Steel, and Stainless Steel to CSA W47.1, W47.2, W59.1, W59.2.
- Understanding of ABS and Lloyds welding code an asset.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance
All successful applicants must be eligible to meet the requirements for the Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and/or a Canadian government security clearance.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet the eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the Controlled Goods Directorate (CGD) and be eligible for a security clearance through the Canadian Government.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled