– Pull, push, or pry steel components into approximate position while member is supported by hoisting device.
– Force components in to final position, using crowbars, jacks and hand tools.
– Verify vertical and horizontal alignment of components using cutting torch.
– Cut steel components to make alterations using cutting torch.
– May repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts using cutting torch and tools.
– Lay out, fabricate, assemble and install piping and piping systems.
– Plan and coordinate daily work with limited supervision.
– Perform other work related tasks as assigned.
– Comply with all Company and HSE policies and procedures.
FACILITY/GROUP SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
– Able to lift 45 pounds.
– Ability to learn on the job and apply.
– Ability to work with heavy equipment.
– Constructs components from raw materials.
– Utilizes power tools to cut components as needed.
– Lays out, positions, and secures parts and assemblies according to specifications, using fitter tools.
– Analyzes schematics/blueprints to determine specifications of the components to be constructed.
– Performs other work-related tasks as assigned by the Production Manager or the Fabrication Manager/Supervisor.
– Minimum of 5-years of fitting experience.
– Follows daily work scheduled hours.
– Exposed to loud noise while in the warehouse.
– Exposed to moving parts while on the shop floor.
– Works in warehouse / shop floor environment setting 100% of the time.
– Exposed to occasional hot and/or cold weather depending on outside climate conditions and warehouse temperature since the shop floor is neither airconditioned nor heated.
– Communicates well with other employees.
– Wears proper PPE while in the warehouse.
– Works well alone and in team environments.
– Reads and follows all applicable job related JHA.
– Adheres to facilities safety policies and attends all monthly safety training.
– Attends all Human Resource directed training via classroom/iComply/Achieve CBT
– May be certified to operate both JIB and Overhead cranes.
– May be certified to operate a Class IV Forklifts (Hyster 50 170).
– Able to read company schematics/blueprints/diagrams/drawings.
– May be certified to wear a fall protection harness if working at heights.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.00 – $28.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location