Welder / Fitters are responsible for repairing and maintaining various equipment. They work with report to the Welding Foreman.
Essential Job Functions
- Reads diagrams, schematics, blueprints, and technical manuals for repair and diagnostic information of equipment
- Utilize measurement tools to measure angles, material thickness and distances i.e. – squares, levels, tapes other tools
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Follows all company and work site safety policies/procedures and commits to an “Incident and Injury Free” work environment
- 2+ years of fabrication and shipyard experience is preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site
- Ability to work a 40-hour work week M-F, overtime as needed
- Ability to understand mechanical and structural drawings is preferred.
- Strong technical understanding of stick, dc, ac, and flux-core processes
- Proficient knowledge of proper installation and welding procedures
- Ability to work independently and with others – team player
- Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors
- Ensure safe work environment and practices
- Ensure work areas are kept clean and in efficient working order
- Ensure Company procedures and guidelines are followed by assigned employees
- Work will frequently require individuals to push, pull, bend or stand for long periods of time, and climb ladders that have capacity limits of 300 lbs.
- Must be able to lift or carry miscellaneous equipment, supplies and parts up to 50 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, squat, and lift for long periods of time.
- Ability to work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work from platforms. Must be capable of working outside in the elements including but not limited to the heat, cold, rain, snow, and wind; and must be able to work for long period of times up to 12 hours a day.
This Job Description does not cover all of the required duties, activities, functions and responsibilities of the position, any of which may change at any time according to the sole and absolute discretion of Weeks Marine, Inc., with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Weeks Marine, Inc. and all its subsidiaries and affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers and prohibit unlawful discrimination, hostility, harassment and retaliation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.