Would you like to work in a stable and friendly, yet fast paced environment with highly competitive compensation and a convenient location right off the highway in Stoney Creek?
If you are a licensed Welder or Millwright who would like to gain experience working with Overhead Cranes, join our team!
Since 1924, MUNCK has been a trusted and reliable manufacturer of lifting equipment. Although overhead cranes and hoists have played a key role in plant processes, today’s plant is much more demanding. That is why Munck Cranes Inc. has extended our design skills and years of expertise in providing innovative material handling solutions to specifically meet these demands.
What We Offer:
- A highly competitive compensation package with annual wage reviews
- A complete and comprehensive benefits package
- Company provided uniforms and boot allowance
- Company supplied PPE, tools, and equipment
- Regular and ongoing paid training and development
- Supportive team environment
- Read and Interpret blueprints for fabrication and weld specifications
- Operate other shop equipment and be familiar with general steel manufacturing practices
- Complete all required safety and quality checks and measurements
- Adhere to Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
- Demonstrated ability to have an excellent attention to detail and be quality focused
- Meet shift objectives by ensuring efficient and safe operations
- Clean, organize and maintain work area as prescribed by supervisor
- Maintain all company tools and equipment to the required standards
- Fitter-Welder work experience – minimum 2 years
- CWB FCAW ticket an asset
- MIG Welding, Flux Core Welding
- Ability to bend, crouch and lift items up to 50 lbs
- Must have ability to work with others as well as independently
- Positive Attitude and Willingness to Learn
- Mechanically inclined
- Valid driver’s license
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing facility. Work will involve moderate lifting of materials and product. Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; safety glasses, hearing protectors and CSA Approved Safety Shoes. Attire is provided (shop uniform) after your 3 month probation period is over. Working hours are weekdays 7:00am – to 3:30 pm with two 15 minute breaks and one ½ hour lunch. There may be occasional overtime required.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the developing impact of COVID-19, our top priority is ensuring that our employees are safe and policies and procedures are being developed to effectively handle our response to the outbreak. As a result, our average response time to new applicants will be longer than normal, but we still welcome and look forward to reviewing new applications.