Heddle Shipyards is recruiting reliable Welder/Fitters at our Hamilton Location
Welder/ Fitters’ responsibilities include:
- All position outdoor construction welding (FCAW or SMAW) that pass inspections according to established standards (e.g. quality, structural soundness, etc.);
- Mobilizing, inspecting, maintaining and demobilizing work areas, tools and required welding equipment;
- Outdoor welding at heights, in confined spaces and in awkward positions for extended periods of time.
Apply now, if you are:
- A Ticketed CWB Welder/ Fitter (Tickets up-to-date)
- Experienced working and welding outdoors in all weather conditions;
- Comfortable working at heights, in confined spaces and/or in awkward positions.
We are a project-based organization. Regular working hours are 9-10 hour shifts and overtime on an as needed basis. Positions are temporary but there is possibility of long-term employment.
Applicants will be expected to have the following tools: Measuring Tape; Welding Helmut; Welding Leathers; Leather Rod Pouch; 12” Square; 12” Adjustable Wrench; 2 LB Hammer; 4-1/2” or 5” Grinder. Asset to have:Bevel Gage; Fillet Weld Gage; Torpedo Level.
Heddle Shipyards is committed to diversity and inclusivity. We encourage applications from all qualified persons. Accommodations are available upon request.