Are you a skilled welder/fitter and looking for a job close to home? Our company is expanding and we’re looking for a passionate team player who is able to multitask, prioritize and work well independently as well as with others. This is a great opportunity for someone with a focus on quality, attention to detail and a strong work ethic to join us as we meet the growing demand for steel structures and products in our area. And work closely with the contractors to ensure that all finished products meet our high manufacturing and quality standards. We are a efficient welding shop with a small specialized team located just between Woodstock and Norwich. If like job variety and working on custom projects apply today or stop in and meet us!
- Prepping beams and HSS sections for fitting.
- Reading blue prints and fitting plates and sections together according to drawings
- Loading and unloading robotic coping machine
- Running robotic coping machine
- Performing quality checks of welded material to ensure they meet required specifications
- Tracking project progress and verifying projects are complete when finished.
Required Skills / Traits
- Previous welding / fitting experience
- MCAW flat position welding ticket
- Basic understanding of blueprints and weld symbols
- Friendly attituded and attention to detail
- Punctual and dependable
- Robot operation experience or coping machine experience
- Basic CAD knowledge
- Press brake and shear operation knowledge
- Bandsaw operation knowledge
- Able to plan and multitask
- Adaptable to sudden changes or additions.
- Tech savvy and quick learner
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.00-$28.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday