Welder/Fitters at ORO Design & Manufacturing Ltd. are tasked with fitting and welding service bodies, frames, tanks, and other large assemblies for use in truck-mounted applications. Welding of steel and aluminum parts in all positions is a regular part of our everyday work. Welder/fitters are responsible for ensuring correct welding machine settings, monitoring product quality, and working with other welders to solve problems and improve processes. Our shop is CWB Certified and preference will be given to applicants that hold CWB tickets for all position FCAW welding.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Plan, layout, and fit together large weldments as per drawings with a high degree of precision.
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications
- Effectively set up and operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using gas metal arc welding (GMAW), and flux-cored arc welding (FCAW)
- Weld both aluminum and steel materials
- Operate manual or semi-automatic cutting equipment including oxy-acetylene and plasma torches
- Clean and deburr finished weldments and inspect for weld quality and completeness
- Occasionally required to operate metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears, saws
- Pass welding certification for FCAW welding of mild steel, all positions
Qualifications and Skills
- Completion of secondary school
- College or industry courses in welding.
- 3 years experience welding, fitting, and setting up welding machines
- Own tools and safety gear required to perform job
- Knowledge of blueprint reading, welding symbols.
- Knowledge of welding machine setup and troubleshooting
- Ability to fit and fabricate weldments to tight tolerances
- Ability to weld steel at a high level of quality
- Ability to weld aluminum an asset (and required for some positions)
- Work well as part of a team
- Desire to solve problems and continuously improve manufacturing processes
- Good punctuality and attendance
- Professional and responsible attitude towards work and colleagues
ORO Design & Manufacturing Ltd. is a growing manufacturer of specialized, high-quality service bodies and equipment for the construction, mining and equipment service sectors. We value employees who are trustworthy, professional, respectful, and who take pride in doing great work. We are a family owned and operated business with a great work environment and welcome your application for this position.
Wage to be negotiated based on experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Aluminum: 1 year (Preferred)
- Welding: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fitting: 1 year (Preferred)