Welder/Fitter Straight Day Shift
Pentalift Equipment Corporation is one of North America’s leading manufacturers of loading dock equipment and industrial material handling equipment. Along with lift tables we produce rotating lifts, industrial platform lifts, positioning tables, multistage scissor lift solutions, and tilters in numerous configurations. Dock equipment includes dock levelers, dock lifts, vehicle restraints and dock seal and shelter systems. These come in a variety of operating styles such as Hydraulic, Mechanical and Pneumatic and can be placed in a number of applications like cold storage, warehouses, manufacturing, logistics and sanitary facilities. Our goal is to deliver high value, high quality product, warranty, aftermarket and technical support through our heightened sense of customer service.
We are currently recruiting for full-time permanent Welder/Fitters to join our team. These roles are straight days, Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Fit and weld lift tables, dock levelers and other material handling equipment
- Read and interpret blue prints, sketches and drawing specifications
- Weld fabrications as per drawing
- Assemble large weldments into finished product
- Simple hydraulic plumbing and hose routing
- Inspect work in progress and upon completion for adherence to specifications
- Test final product for function and conformance to customer specifications
- Verify dimensions of fabrications for accuracy and conformance to specifications
- Work in a safe manner according to the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Strive for continuous improvements
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures
- Other duties as required
- Ideally 5-8 years welding and fitting experience
- Positions available for those with greater experience
- Steel toed boots and welding helmets are required
- Possess a positive attitude and work well in a team oriented environment
- Competitive wages
- Steady work schedules
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, should you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs during all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent