Currently hiring experienced Welders/Fitters, Welders, and/or Fitters for potential permanent positions in New Orleans.
The rate of pay is depending on experience $21-$24 per hour. Looking for local workers who can start immediately.
Schedule: Working 5 10’s and potentially switching to 6 10’s. Heavy overtime.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Others to be discussed.
- Minimum of four years experience welding with Stick and Fluxcore on stainless steel for welding applicants.
- Must be able to do some pipe and structural fitting depending on the maintenance project needs for fitter applicants.
- Valid TWIC.
- Able to join, fabricate, and repair metal and other weldable material by applying appropriate welding techniques.
- Accurately apply mathematical skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, conversion of fractions and decimals, and geometry.
- Interprets blueprints, specifications, diagrams, and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Inspects completed welds.
- Willing to submit to a weld test or fit test depending on which position you are applying for ( For welders, the test will be a vertical and overhead ½” plate test. Unless, candidates are qualified to pipe weld, in which case the test will be a 6G 6´pipe. For fitters, they will be required to review a written exam and pass and physical test by laying out and burning a small frame out of angle iron).
If you are interested and qualified please submit resume and a valid method of contact to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.00 – $24.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Welding: 5 years (Preferred)
- Pipe Fitting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Structural Fitting: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location