HMI Utilities, LLC, a subsidiary of Henkels & McCoy Group, Inc., is a utility construction firm providing critical infrastructure for Power, Gas Distribution and Communications markets throughout North America. Due to our continued growth in the utilities market we are currently recruiting for an experienced Gas Distribution Welder to join our team.
Gas Distribution Welder role is responsible for all duties related to the safe, efficient, and cost-effective welding, installation and maintenance of natural gas plastic and metal distribution systems.
The position will work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions utilizing both hand and power tools. This position is required to perform the following functions:
Installing new steel and plastic gas mains and services using tools such as welding machines, fusion equipment and cutting torches
Assemble and secure tubes, fitting and related equipment according to specifications by welding, fusing, brazing, soldering and threading joints
Performs welding, brazing and metal cutting tasks on pipeline, pipeline fittings and other equipment
Measure and mark pipes for cutting, threading and welding Inspect, examine and test installed systems and pipelines using pressure gauges, hydrostatic testing, observation and other methods
Ensure that company equipment and materials are maintained, kept clean, and stored in a safe manner
- 5 or more years of experience with gas distribution welding
- Experience in laying out, cutting and fitting piping offsets in various diameters from ½” through 36”
- Possess a Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to lift at least 100 lbs and pass a post offer, pre-employment physical assessment test.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of time, with flexible hours inclusive of weekends and holidays
- High School Diploma or Vocational training in a closely related field
- OSHA 10, OSHA 30 Certifications
BENEFITS WE OFFER:
- A competitive base rate to commensurate with experience
• Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance • Short-term and Long-term disability
- Supplemental Insurance(s)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development opportunities
- HMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans