Since 1947, Crowder has built a legacy of success in the construction industry. We work throughout the Southeast on heavy construction infrastructure projects ranging from bridges, dams, water and waste water treatment facilities, power plants and other energy facilities. We are a general contractor who self performs civil, electrical and mechanical trades on both traditional and more complex alternative delivery projects.
As a family-owned company, it is the spirit of not only doing the right things, but doing things the right way that is the true legacy of our founders and our people. Crowder is Building America and Proud of It® as reflected in our Mission Statement:
We are dedicated to superior performance and committed to making a positive difference for our clients, for our communities, and in the lives of our employees.
If you are looking for a career, not just a job, with a company committed to your future, apply today.
CROWDER IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY (EOE) AFFIRMATIVE ACTION (AA) EMPLOYER
Qualified Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Crowder is a Drug Free Workplace and E-Verify Employer
REQUIREMENTS: ALL Applicants must be:
- 18 years of Age
- Able to Pass a Drug Test
- Legally Eligible to Work in the US
- Additional Requirements for Craftworkers:
- Must have own transportation to and from jobsite every work day (driver’s license not required)
- Must provide own hand tools (excluding power tools)
- May be expected to travel where the project requires (multi-state opportunities)
Primary Function of Welder: Weld pipe piles, sheet pile, H-pile and structural steel for bridge construction. Responsibilities also include lay-out, fit, and weld components and assemblies such as sheet metal, tanks, vessels breaching, and miscellaneous metal fabrication.
Typical Duties include but are not limited to:
- Select equipment and plan layout, assembly, and welding, applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metals, machining, weld shrinkage, and welding techniques.
- Lay-out, position, align and fit components together.
- Bolt, clamp, and tack weld parts, using arc, submerged arc, or gas welding equipment.
- Repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping and reassembling parts, using cutting torch, straightening press and hand tools.
- Must be safety minded and adhere to all safety policies in addition to passing a test in reference to safe operation in a trench.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Must be an NCDOT Certified welder.
At the heart of Crowder s Mission Statement is the commitment to make a positive difference in the lives of our employees. Our comprehensive benefits package is custom-designed to achieve that goal through access to the following benefits:
- Health Plans, including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Program with Incentives
- 401k Savings Plan with Matching Contributions
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Voluntary and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Company Paid Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Crowder YOUniversity Career-Based Training
- Educational Assistance
Benefits may vary based on position and length of employment.