For over 50 years, West Shore Constructors Ltd. has been a leader in the heavy construction, bridge building, and deep foundation improvement industries throughout Greater Vancouver and abroad. We offer an established, progressive, and nimble work environment where those with the skill set and drive will have the framework and opportunity to build unique projects and a successful long term career.
The ideal candidate will have experience in self shielded flux core arc welding of steel pipe piles and structural steel, and have a strong background in heavy construction. The work environment is almost entirely field based and welders will be called on to do a variety of other construction related tasks in between welding. This can include working with cranes, operating mobile equipment, and partaking in various other components of our work. Our aim is to train new hires into highly skilled, well-rounded, and productive employees capable of executing multiple aspects of our specialized heavy construction work.
For examples of the type of work we do please visit our website.
- CWB certified (Flux – All Positions).
- Trade certification Level B, or equivalent. Level C may also be considered.
- 2+ years experience in pile driving/ground improvement/heavy construction is preferred.
- Experience welding pipe piles is preferred.
- Experience with rigging and cranes is an asset.
- Experience with mobile equipment is an asset.
- Experience with carpentry is an asset.
- Ability to supervise or manage others is an asset.
- Ability to work at heights is an asset.
Based on the individual’s abilities, experience, and level of training completed. Typical journeyman wage is +/- $45.50 per hour.
How to Apply:
Send your resume by email to the address given or visit the careers section of our website.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45.50 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday