Vidor, TX Recycling – 438
- Reports directly to and works under the supervision of the production supervisor or facility manager. Perform work involving the skills of two or more maintenance or craft occupations to keep heavy equipment, mechanical equipment, or the structure of an establishment in repair. Duties may involve welding; machining; repairing electrical or mechanical equipment; installing, aligning, and balancing new parts or equipment.
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions – whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs.
Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow us @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Education / Training:
- High School diploma or equivalent required;
- Vocational welding school certification or minimum 2 years on the job experience preferred.
Welder/Heavy Equipment Maintenance Mechanic
Key Job Elements:
- Maintenance on heavy mobile equipment to include the welding of the shear head;
- Keep all equipment operational to ensure no production interruptions;
- Focus on continuous improvements to increase reliability and productivity of equipment;
- Track equipment downtime;
- Order, as needed, all maintenance parts necessary for daily repairs and large projects;
- Installation of new equipment;
- Perform preventative maintenance as scheduled;
- Fill out work orders correctly.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Vast knowledge with regards to welding;
- Must have understanding of work practices;
- Able to multi-task and work with minimal supervision;
- Previous machining experience preferred;
- Ability to read precision gauges and instruments;
- Ability to read and understand mechanical maintenance manuals;
- Experience with heavy mobile equipment maintenance;
- Able to interact with supervisor and operators.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance along with flexible spending and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
- Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status – governing plan documents control such benefits..