A MISSION BEYOND METAL. DUMUR INDUSTRIES is a world leader in metal machining and fabrication and proud to be an employer of choice. Manufacturing for a vast range of sectors including parts for armoured vehicles, the mine and the oilfield.
Join our Progressive, Growing, Innovative Company as a:
WELDER HELPER / GENERAL DUTY
Exploring opportunities to build on your welding experience?
Enjoy working in a technically growing and challenging environment?
You are a part of the bigger picture and an integral part to our high-quality standards!
Our Welder Helpers / General Duty employees are responsible for providing general assistance to all areas of manufacturing. This includes performing various functions such as chipping and cleaning parts, working with plant machinery and power tools, material handling, preventative maintenance and general clean-up.
- Grind and chip weld slag from small to large fabricated piece parts.
- Operate the wheelabrator to clean parts to specification.
- Operate various machines and power tools, including grinders, chipping and de-burring equipment
- Operation of required measuring instruments – tape measure, micrometer
- Keep work area clean and organized
- Perform other work-related general duty responsibilities as assigned
- Health and Dental Benefits (60% coverage after 3 months which increases to 90% after 1 year)
- RRSP/DPSP contribution matching program.
- Only a 4-day work week (Monday to Thursday)
- Wage Range: $16.00 to $18.00 depending on experience.
- Ability to take instructions.
- Ability to do repetitive tasks.
- Demonstrated positive attitude, initiative, the ability to work well with others and minimal supervision.
- 2 to 3 years’ labourer experience;
- A grade twelve diploma or equivalent is a requirement;
- Must have mechanical abilities and experience using measuring instruments;
- Ability to read blueprints and diagrams an asset
- Forklift and Crane experience is an asset
We are CAREERS BEYOND COMPARE!
- Interested, career minded applicants with high standards for performance are encouraged to apply!
- Please apply with resume and cover letter.
- Please note all employees must provide a clean criminal background check upon hire.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Dumur Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.00-$18.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
Ability to commute/relocate:
- White City, SK S4L 5B1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Please help us know your eligibility to work in Canada by sharing that you are a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or have an Open Work Permit.
- general labourer: 1 year (preferred)
Application deadline: 2022-08-17