Performs fabrication and assembly operations on Piping products with minimum supervision; set up, plan, layout, and operate fabrication equipment as required.
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America’s premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services companies serving clients through the full life-cycle of a facility, to include engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. For 70 years, our employee-owned company has provided innovative services that optimize the performance of world-class mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities and industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees, whom we call “Partners” are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the “100 Best Places to Work”, “Top 50 Training Organizations” and “Top 30 Companies to Retire From” due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.
- Sets-up equipment and weld parts using arc, submerged arc, gas-shielded arc, mig and tig machines and material types such as black iron, stainless and aluminum.
- Studies and interprets shop drawings to determine necessary work to be performed. Utilizes materials provided to produce product with minimum waste and rework. Meets and maintains quality and production standards for all work product.
- Maintains the work area in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations (should support implementation of 6S). Maintains required personal tools, and properly uses all Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and safety equipment.
- Ensures proper recording of time spent on individual work orders is accurate. Keeps the shop foreman and other key project personnel aware of all issues affecting production, schedule and cost. Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the foreman. Notifies supervisor of equipment malfunction, and performs operator based maintenance as required.
- Provides guidance to less experienced team members as needed.
High School or GED required.
MIG and SubArc Certifications are preferred.
SMAW Certification is required.
SS TIG Certification is preferred.
Must be certified to weld using material types such as black iron, stainless and aluminum. (Level II).
2 – 5 years of experience.
Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures.
Experience using electrical or manual tools.
Ability to perform Piping Standard Work Instructions (SWI) Welding is required.
Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings.