Are you looking for a new career opportunity? Reporting to Mine Maintenance Supervisor, Journeyperson Welders are accountable for the following:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Maintain and repair site structures and equipment in all areas of the Mill and Mine
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications
- Operate welding equipment, flame cutting, hoisting, and lifting equipment
- Troubleshoot production problems and take preventative or corrective action
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and safe work environment
- Valid Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyperson’s Welder Certification
- BC PWP 7 is an asset
- Minimum four years’ welding experience in an industrial environment
- A valid driver’s license (minimum BC Class 7N) or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be willing to work shift work: two twelve-hour day shifts followed by two twelve-hour night shifts and four days off
We offer the chance to live and work in the majestic Rocky Mountains, where year-round recreational activities such as hunting, fishing, skiing, snowmobiling, and biking are unlimited. Our operators work an attractive 4 days on 4 days off shift schedule, allowing for plenty of work/life balance. Add to this, exciting work assignments and excellent opportunities for career and professional growth with Canada’s largest diversified resource company, and we believe you will find what you are looking for!
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK. Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.