Procor Limited manages Canada’s largest private tank car lease fleet and operates an extensive repair network across the country. Our fleet has grown to include more than 30,500 special purpose tank and freight cars. Procor also operates 27 repair locations servicing the petroleum, petrochemicals, plastics, chemicals, fertilizers and food markets.
We have an exciting opportunity for a reliable Welder Mechanic “A” in our Sarnia, Service Centre. This opportunity is perfect for someone with experience looking for a stable position in an organization that offers advancement.
Principal duties in this position are car repairs including but not limited to:
· Car repairs involving cutting and welding on the metal jacket, the tank itself, and other car components
· Adhere to health and safety standards, including Responsible Care Policy
· Read, comprehend, and follow repair orders and procedures
· Other related duties as assigned
This role requires the successful candidate to work a two week rotation. The day shift is Monday to Friday, eight (8) hours per day, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The afternoon shift is Monday to Thursday, ten (10) hours per day, 3:15 p.m. to 1:45 a.m.
The current hourly rate for this role at the Sarnia Service Centre is $34.46 plus an afternoon shift premium of $0.85/hour.
· Legally entitled to work in Canada
· Minimum 3-5 years of welding experience
· Able to pass tests in 4-position SMAW, CST, at a minimum, as well as 4 position Fluxcore (FCAW), and using stainless steel
· Comprehension of welding and cutting equipment in order to adjust for procedural needs, and to inspect for safe operation
Competent and safe use of shop tools and equipment (i.e.: cranes, shear, electric, pneumatic and hydraulic tools, and hand tools)
· Railcar repair experience
· Detail oriented
· The ability to work well independently
· Strong initiative
· WHMIS training and experience dealing with hazardous commodities
· Comfortable working at heights, in confined spaces, around machinery, and in conditions where there are loud noises and fumes
· Detail-oriented and committed to quality
· Excellent time management skills
· Works well as part of a team as well as independently
· Performs tasks that require moderate to heavy physical exertion
· Completes tasks with a sense of urgency while delivering safe and accurate results
· Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to get to and from work
· Adheres to Procor’s health and safety standards (including the Responsible Care policy), and wears the required personal protective equipment for the job in a safe manner
We ask that all applicants complete and pass our full medical testing upon hire.
Procor Limited is an equal opportunity employer. We offer our employees the opportunity to be a contributing member of a successful team as well as competitive wages and extensive benefit coverage:
- Group benefits including dental, vision, and insurance
- Pension and retirement savings plans
- Personal rebates for fitness, computers and education
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to the email mentioned.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Procor Limited, however only successful candidates will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $34.46 per hour
- Dental Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- FCAW: 3 years (Required)
- rail car repair: 1 year (Preferred)
- SMAW: 3 years (Required)
- WHMIS (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Confined Space (Preferred)
- Fall Protection (Preferred)