JVC Precision Ltd., based in Orillia, Ontario, provides engineering design services and manufacturing of ferrous and non-ferrous products for industrial and commercial applications for the Canadian mining, forestry, and automation markets.
We are currently recruiting a Welder / Metal Fabricator to join the welding department team. Responsibilities will include performing welding and fabrication functions in support of production requirements.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a sense of urgency, thrive on the challenge to continually improve and grow and support JVC’s overarching objective to “Delight the Customer”.
Reporting to the Welding Department Supervisor, accountabilities and responsibilities will be:
- Ensure the completion of assigned daily work schedules in the manufacturing of components and assemblies.
- Ensure assigned work orders time tracking is performed in a timely manner.
- Weld components as specified by procedures, drawings and work orders.
- Set-up and lay out work using fixtures and guides to repair, modify, or fabricate parts and/or equipment products.
- Ensure the quality of production parts by performing First Article inspections to verify accuracy of work.
- Work with the Department Supervisor and Quality Engineer in the resolution of NCR’s and implementation of corrective actions.
- Maintain welding equipment and work areas in accordance with company 5S standards and manufacturers preventative maintenance requirements and schedules.
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with EHS practices and internal company policies.
- Perform or assist in other assigned duties as qualified and/or assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of general metal fabrication technical processes, equipment and workflows.
- Familiar with welding symbols and diagrams, blueprints, and/or other printed instructional material in the welding of products or parts.
- Experience with GMAW, FCAW or, GTAW.
- Welds range from basic processes to complex welds in mild steel, aluminium and stainless.
- CWB 47.1 & 47.2 experience.
- Analytical approach to problem solving and developing creative solutions to technical production issues.
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines and schedules.
- Metal fabricator / plate fitting experience.
- Fork-lift experience.
- Experience with robotic welding would be an asset.
- High school diploma combined with formal technical training and or minimum 5 years work experience in welding.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $0.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday