Job Title: WELDER
(MetalCraft Reference Number: Welder-22-10)
NOC Code: 7237
Founded in 1987 on a historic ship building property in Kingston Ontario Canada, Metal Craft Marine Incorporated is a world leader in the design and build of custom aluminum workboats. Our award-winning fire / rescue, patrol and special purpose vessels, are sold around the world. We are consistently recognized by our customers for designing and building boats that provide outstanding performance and are of superior quality. Lives depend on the vessels that we build!
We offer a comprehensive compensation package including health and dental plans, training and career development programs, retirement savings plans, profit sharing, as well as ample opportunity to further your career in a very exciting industry.
Metal Craft presently has the following career opportunity available in Kingston, ON:
Position Title: WELDER
NOC Code: 7237
Hours: Hourly (44 hours per week – Monday to Friday)
Status: Permanent, Full-time
Wage Rate: CAD $24.00 – $28.00 / hour
Benefits Package Includes: Health & Dental, Training, Retirement Savings Plan, Profit Sharing Program
Location: Kingston Ontario Canada
Language of work: English
Position Summary & Required Skills:
- Operate manual and semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse aluminum metal segments using processes such as gas metal arc welding (GMAW) / MIG welding.
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications
- Operate metal shaping machines including power hand tools such as grinders, saws and drills, and other metal straightening and bending machines
Skills Experience Include:
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- 3 years of aluminum welding experience or equivalent.
- Must be, or quickly become, CWB certified in all position aluminum welding.
- Must be able to read blueprints and construction drawings, accurately and efficiently following all applicable procedures and methods.
- Must be comfortable operating power tools such as grinders, saws, drills, etc.
- Must have a strong work ethic including excellent attendance.
- Must work well with others and with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing practices is an asset.
- Must possess strong attention to detail and have a continuous improvement mindset / approach.
- Aluminum boat building experience is a definite asset.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and be able to stand, bend, stoop, squat or kneel regularly, as well as climb stairs and ladders to perform tasks in/under/on-top-of boats.
Work Location is Kingston Ontario Canada
Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.00-$28.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kingston, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Welding: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Expected start date: 2022-10-31