Potential opportunity upcoming for Welders in the Fort Worth, TX area. If you are interested in a future opportunity please click the apply button to learn more.
The position of a Welder is of great significance to our organization. This position fabricates, assembles, and welds metal/steel components on various trailers to SOP’s/Blueprints/Knowledge /Foreman and/or Lead Instructions. Assist other welders in the completion of trailers. Inspect welds to ensure quality standards are meet. Support a Team approach and complete other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain all company Quality requirements and follow company guidelines utilizing a “Stop and Fix” mindset.
- Maintain a clean environment and follow company 5S + Safety Standards.
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment, settings, and methods based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using fixtures, tape measure, levels, speed square, etc. and clamp pieces
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Prepare trailers and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- Assist other welders in the completing of work to ensure work is completed as efficiently as possible
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Fast paced environment
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and work in awkward positions while bending, stooping, kneeling or standing to work overhead for 10 hrs.
Skills and Requirements:
- Must possess the skill set to support a safe working environment.
- Must pass a drug screen.
- Must be 18 years old.
Education and Qualifications:
- Preferred – High School degree, diploma or a GED equivalent qualification from a certified college.
- Preferred – 2 to 3 years of Industrial Welding experience.
Medical, Dental, Vision, company paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage.
401K with company match – Sign-on/Retention Bonus available!