We are looking for an experienced Sub Arc Welder to join our growing team at Gallop Vessel Fabrication! The ideal candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the welding process, from the initial planning stage to the completion of products. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong communication skills and have a commitment to safety as well as previous experience in manufacturing.
- Weld pipe and metal components together to assemble boilers and pressure vessels.
- Be able to work with various metals
- Follow blueprint design and implement welding fabrication projects.
- Perform test welds on projects.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform basic arithmetic with mathematics relevant to the tasks at hand.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as welders and welding guns; positioners; cutting torches; shears; hand tools; measuring devices; grinders; cut-off tools; saws; drills; mechanical and hydraulic hoists.
- Must have experience with Sub Arc Welding
- Minimum 2 years’ Sub Arc experience would be considered an asset
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Screening is a standard requirement.
- Ability to pass welding qualification test (SAW)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Houston, TX: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Welding: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location