Altec has immediate opportunities for Welders in Creedmoor, NC.
As one of our valued welders, you are an integral part of Altec’s team that produces world-class equipment.
Enjoy the opportunity to contribute in a variety of areas: continuous improvement initiatives; robotic welding; MIG welding.
Work in a safety – focused facility that designs, sells, manufactures, assembles and tests its own products.
Take pride in your workmanship.
Thrive in a positive and team-oriented environment.
Creedmoor is located in the heart of the Tarheel State between beautiful North Carolina beaches and scenic Blue Ridge Mountains. The Triangle is 25 minutes away, and is consistently ranked as one of the nation’s best places to live. Steeped in tradition and history, the Triangle is home to world-class museums, top research universities, the Carolina Hurricanes, the Durham Bulls, and legendary Tobacco Road rivalries. Imagine being close to all the amenities of big-city life while maintaining a small-town atmosphere – this is Creedmoor.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Perform welding and metal preparation tasks such as sanding and grinding configurations.
- Use and conduct proper care of PPE.
- Read and interpret blueprints and weld symbols to determine sequence and methods of assembling components.
- Read and interpret work orders.
- Use basic hand tools such as tape measurer and specialty equipment.
- Learn and operate all equipment within the work area (cell).
- Perform rework as required.
- Support APS (Altec Production System) initiatives. May participate in RCI events.
- Willing to move to other work areas in order to support production needs. (Cross-train)
- Lay out and mark dimensions and reference lines on material applying knowledge of shop math and layout techniques.
- Perform Mig welding by using a variety of arc and gas welding equipment.
- Inspect assembly/components for conformance of specifications.
- Trim, file, grind, sand, deburr, buff and smooth surfaces using hand tools and portable power tools.
- Willingness and ability to train new/current associates.
- Follow established safety, environmental and quality policies, procedures and practices.
- Maintain work area and shop tools/equipment.
- Maintain daily time records.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Job duties may vary by location.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Vocational training is desired.
- Three years of experience or Altec Certified Welder
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend required.
- Basic computer usage knowledge required.
- Ability to read tape measures, blue prints, and schematics required.
- Proficient knowledge of welding required.
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
- Keep a clean work area (5S).
- Assist co-workers and group leads as needed.
- Participate in RCI events.
- Knowledge of Altec programs and/or systems.
Responsibility for Safety:
- Safety In everything we do
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.