PURPOSE and SCOPE:
A Welder at MacDon Industries welds formed, raw material into complete welds, or sub-welds for production by taking multiple parts and assembling them into the welding jig, and then MIG welds these parts together.
- Welds formed, raw material into complete welds, or sub-welds for production by taking multiple parts and assembling them into the welding jig, and then MIG welds these parts together.
- Make adjustment of voltage and amperage that may be necessary.
- Work from specifications, drawings, prints and welding symbols, shop work orders, and/or verbal instructions.
- Use prints to obtain weld sizes, amount of weld, and placement if specified or required.
- Use of anti-splatter spray as required and smoke extractor equipment on all welding applications.
- Position and clamp parts in fixtures.
- Operate Overhead Bridge Cranes/Jib Crane.
- Chip, clean, grind, and sand welds.
- Operate plasma cutting torch.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of all MacDon pre-screening assessments including the MacDon Welding Test.
- Secondary school (high school diploma or equivalent).
- Welding Certificate is an asset.
- Must be experienced and have full knowledge of operation of oxygen and acetylene cutting equipment, as well as the safety knowledge required.
- Experience with MIG Welding. 2-3 years welding experience required.
- Experience working in a manufacturing setting.
- Clear communication (understanding written and verbal cues).
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet the following physical Requirements:
- Physically able to lift up to 47 pounds. Refer to the MacDon Safety Manual.
- Physically able to twist and bend frequently.
- Physically able to walk and/or stand for eight hours.
- Maintain a good attendance record and comply with company rules and regulations.
- Work in a safe and responsible manner.
- Perform repetitive tasks following a prescribed routine.
- Know and understand the WHMIS labeling system.
- Able to do shift work (rotating shifts).
Working Conditions (may have exposure to):
- Extreme temperatures (heat/cold).
- High noise levels.
- Fumes, vapors, and gases.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $26.26 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Mig welding: 1 year (Preferred)
- Manufacturing : 1 year (Preferred)