Parallel is a major construction contractor in Welding, Heavy Fabrication, Millwrighting, Electrical and General-Construction. We provide product and service solutions to some of North America’s largest resource-based sectors including Forestry, Mining, Aggregate, Steel Recycling, Biomass Energy and Hemp.
Due to increasing expansion, we are hiring Ticketed Welders to support Parallel’s Equipment, System and Structural Steel Builds for our projects in the United States. Experience in Industrial Lumber Mills, Aggregate Plants, Mines or similar, and with industrial manufacturing equipment is essential. Familiarity with millwrighting and other trade processes is an asset. Work can take place in the shop and in the field.
We are seeking problem solvers and self motivated leaders with a professional mindset, pride in workmanship, and get it done attitude. This is an exceptional opportunity for long term work.
· Ticket Required. Submit with application
· Minimum 3 years experience in heavy fab shop or industrial sawmill/planer mill, mine or similar
· Minimum 3 years experience with heavy Forestry or similar Equipment & Systems (i.e., Conveyors, Crushers, Stackers, Trimline Systems, Biomass Systems, Planers, Edgers, Hoppers)
· Blue-print reading skills required – with or without drawings
· Excellent communication skills
· Exceptional attention to detail with strong focus on Safety
· Dedicated to quality excellence with a superior work ethic
· Must be able to work unsupervised at times
· Must be drug free **
· Willing to work days, nights, weekends and to travel **
· Current Safety or Training Certificates an asset (i.e., Fall Arrest, Aerial Platform, Forklift Operator)
· Red Seal Ticket an asset
· Adhere to all Parallel and Client Safety standards, specifications and governing regulations
· Plan, assemble and weld Parallel’s heavy manufacturing equipment
· Determine welding equipment, methods, techniques and measurements to ensure optimal welds and conformance with designs and specifications
· Have in-depth familiarity with all welding processes, equipment and tools used with pressure pipe, structural and rotary equipment builds
· Identify issues and hazards and troubleshoot accordingly
· Perform visual examination of work pieces for defects and ensure conformance with specifications
· Read and interpret blueprints and drawings and take measurements to plan layout and procedures
Great Compensation including benefits package for Full Time employees. We are a strong, progressive and customer-focused company with top tier superintendents and trades people.
Field Rate: $42-$45 location depending for JM Welders plus OT, DT, LOA.
Thank you for your application. Those being considered for the position will be contacted by phone.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $42.00-$45.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Do you have hands-on experience welding heavy equipment i.e. sawmill, mining, aggregate equipment ?
- Do you have any other trade experience, such as millwrighting?
- Welding: 3 years (preferred)
- Journeyman Ticket (preferred)
Willingness to travel: