Job Title: Welder
Reports To: Production Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Job Code: PAT0123
Summary/Scope of Role: Responsible for the set‑up and operation of welding machines and brazing applications by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned
Sets up and operates gas welding machines to weld metal parts according to work orders, blueprint layouts and verbal instructions.
Regulates flow of gases for proper mixture.
Maintains accurate record keeping of settings from precision control panels or power packs for repeat applications.
Cleans parts to remove contamination prior to welding.
Sets up and operates all phases of brazing applications using clamps, fixtures and torches working to specified tolerances.
Selects proper flux.
Sets up and operates stick welding machines to repair, join or fabricate parts working with blueprints, sketches or verbal orders.
Uses inspection gages such as verniers, scales, micrometers and pin gages.
Follows blueprints to meet product specifications and maintain tight tolerances.
Changes weld cups, electrodes and any other tooling to maintain quality and production standards.
Trains less experienced employees in set‑up and quality production standards.
Assists in scheduling work load, and recommends tooling needs to save time.
Reports production discrepancies to management.
Maintains tools, gages and equipment in a clean, orderly and safe manner.
Complies with company policies and procedures paying special attention to safety regulations.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Oral Communications Skills Reading Skills
Written Communication Skills Time Management
Technical Communication Blueprint Reading
High School Diploma or Equivalent. Prior welding experience helpful.
(With prior experience, High School Diploma may be waived if working as part of a high school work program.)
- Must comply with and meet all pre-employment requisites, including but not limited to criminal background check prior to start date, and pre-employment and random drug testing in accordance with Company policy for the duration of employment
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Welding: 2 years (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place