Description: CDI employees are offered the following benefits:
- Paid Weekly
- 401(k) with match
- Health & Dental insurance
- Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Life Supplemental Program
- Aggressive Profit Sharing Opportunities
CDI is the nation’s fastest curb manufacturer in the HVAC industry. As a nation-wide company with manufacturing facilities located in the suburbs of Minneapolis, Dallas, Seattle, Charlotte, and Phoenix, CDI is rapidly growing and offering many opportunities for advancement. CDI encourages personal growth and offers career advancement to individuals who demonstrate
initiative. Training is available for many positions.
CDI is currently hiring for the position of Welder on our 2nd Shift, at our facility located in Irving, TX
Position Summary: The primary responsibility is the MIG welding of various metal types to create components used to assemble the finished product. Each job must be run with safety, accuracy and timeliness in the welding area.
- Safe operation of MIG welding machine and various other tools used to complete project
- Create quality and accurate welds according to blueprints.
- Inspect welds for accuracy.
- Prepare product to be welded by grinding, drilling, milling, tapping and cutting steel parts.
- Change welding wire as needed.
- Change shielding gas tanks, as needed
- Follow and enforce all CDI safety rules and regulations
- Ensure equipment is properly set-up & used in a safe manner & that all safety devices are in use.
- Operate fork lift, if required and certified.
- Performs inspections on product before, during, and after the build following CDI’s standards.
- Monitor functionality of equipment and tools and request maintenance when required.
- Perform basic maintenance and repair as required.
- Effectively communicate with supervisors & other production staff to coordinate work schedules
- Maintaining good attendance
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience as a welding is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of welding machinery, electrical equipment, and hand tools.
- Ability to use tape measures and other measuring tools
- Ability to frequently bend, twist, grip, squat and lift
- Ability to lift 50 pounds frequently, & lift 70 pounds occasionally
EEO/Affirmative Action Policy
CDI is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits harassment of any kind. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time