Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Weld Trainee position. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will set up and assemble products for the unit by performing production welding and tack welding to pole shafts using the GMAW process. Additionally, you will…
- Read and interpret drawings to determine parts needed to assemble poles
- Read and interpret drawings to ensure proper location of various small part attachments
- Use plasma torch to cut steel
- Use measuring tape, levels, squares, and angle finders to measure distances and angles
- Use motorized grinders, motorized buffers, stone grinders, and drills to help assemble product
- Maintain appropriate professional competencies, certification, licenses, etc. necessary to perform the job
What it takes
- Ability to use common manufacturing math
- Six months previous experience welding in a manufacturing or fabrication environment
o OR graduated from an acceptable Technical Training Program focused in welding
- Must pass GMAW 1-G flat plat and/or rotational weld test and maintain certification
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year of previous experience welding in an assembly environment
- 1 year of [previous experience welding in a manufacturing or fabrication environment
- 1 year of previous experience operating hand and/or power tools
- The ability to accurately and honestly check one’s own work for quality assurance
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email [email protected].