Truck Zone is looking for a new team member to join our Lloydminster location as a Welder. The candidate we are looking for would be a Welder or first year or more.
Truck Zone is an Alberta owned and operated company with locations in Edmonton, Bonnyville, Grande Prairie, and Lloydminster. We believe and support our core values which include being a Team, having a Commitment to Excellence, being Solution Driven, and providing Adaptability.
The position of Welder Apprentice/Journeyman Welder includes, but is not limited to production welding, service & repair welding, prototype building, and fitter welding. Responsibilities will include the fabrication of custom prototypes from supplied drawings, fabrication of custom jigs and fixtures to produce production parts that meet customer specifications, as well as the fabrication of metal structures using jigs and fixtures in a high paced production environment.
The candidate will have strong knowledge and skill in operating all metalworking machinery. Additionally they will be required to read and understand work orders and other written instructions.
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), gas metal arc welding (GMAW), flux-cored arc welding (FCAW), plasma arc welding (PAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), oxy-acetylene welding (OAW), resistance welding and submerged arc welding (SAW), manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment, brazing, soldering.
- Operate metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears and other metal straightening and bending machines
- Repair parts of metal products by welding on extra layers.
- Maintain safe work practices
- Assist in development of repair estimates
- Conduct Technical Inspections
- Conduct repairs, modifications and retrofits
- Liaise with Branch Manager/Foreman for resolution of data and technical problems
- Monitor parts usage and report on any material issues
- Prepare input for various management and log reports
- Provide data to assist in monitoring and tracking project budgets and project status
- Assist in training, directing & supervision of junior employees and apprentices
- May be asked for performance evaluations of apprentices
- Ensures accuracy and completion of assigned tasks and projects
- Keep detailed and accurate reports and documentation
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology, compliance and repair techniques
(Duties are not limited to this summary)
Education, Experience, and Skill Requirements:
- Minimum 1st year Welder Apprentice – Valid Journeyman Welder Certificate
- Valid Class 1 driver’s license is an asset
- Experience with commercial transport and B620 repairs an asset
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Supportive of safe working conditions and adheres to occupational health and safety regulations
Why Join Us?
- Locally owned and operated
- Safety conscious
- Team atmosphere
- Group Benefits
Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs. and be able to maintain different positions/apply repetitive actions (squatting, kneeling, standing, sitting, pushing/pulling, etc.) as needed throughout the day.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent