CDS Moving Equipment is looking for a skilled Welder or a welder’ assistant to join our team. We are a small manufacturing company here in Texas, but we service the whole USA! We are looking for someone to join the current team in place and add to the many great things about this company. Benefits, insurance, profit sharing, and most important, we work four days here! Monday through Thursday 6 am-5 pm so you have a three day weekend. That has been something I started 20 years ago and those that are a part of this team now LOVE the four day work week.
If you have experience as a welder, its a huge plus, but if you are 1-2 years in and are still honing your craft, this could be the place for you to learn! You will be required to cut, join, bend, drill and punch metals and other materials at our location. If you have welding experience, you will be using a mig welder as we only do steel components here and we do line work so this is not an oil rigging platform!
Your job is important as it provides the foundation for the strong infrastructure our company provides the moving equipment industry. A welder must be competent in using potentially dangerous equipment following all safety precautions. The ideal candidate will have a steady hand and great attention to detail. Knowledge of different kinds of metal and their properties is essential.
- Weld! Most important. You will be required to take a weld test with our operations manager.
- We also bend, punch, drill and cut metal and each task is something that could be required. This is not JUST a welding job.
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures–follow instructions!
- Be a team player. There is nothing worse in any work environment than having a bad team player.
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
- Weld components using manual welding equipment.
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- Proven experience as welder–test to be provided.
- Experience using MIG welding equipment
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
- Deftness and attention to detail
- Professional Certification (e.g. an AWS welding certificate) will be a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
We have PPE at all stations, any customer/ vendor that comes in must have masks. All protocols followed by order of CDC.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Welding: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location