AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 3,800 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
Westeel is one of Canada’s foremost manufacturers of steel storage products, offering a wide range of commercial storage solutions to meet the needs of the petroleum, agricultural and commercial sectors. We are one of the largest suppliers of ULC steel fuel tanks in Canada with customers from coast-to-coast.
We are actively seeking a Welder to join our petroleum tank manufacturing team at AGI Nobleford. In this role, you will be responsible for building welded assemblies per engineering documents while following established production standards. You will also be responsible for following all company safety policies and quality procedures.
- Work in confined space and at heights requiring a fall arrest system
- Build welded assemblies for new products and changes to existing products per engineering documents and established production standards.
- Operate other necessary equipment and performing tasks necessary to complete parts to specifications.
- Propose potential quality or productivity enhancements i.e. continual improvements
- Review of finished assemblies & parts to ensure accuracy against drawings & bill of materials.
- Report fabrication issues and assist in resolutions as required.
- Participate in safety program, department meetings, and other plant policies and initiatives.
- Ability to gain CWB certification in sub arc welding as well as MIG and flux core welding in the horizontal, flat, vertical, down hand, and overhead positions
- Proven ability to work safely
- Able to work in fast paced environment handling heavy loads and standing for long periods of time
- Able to lift and maneuver 50 pounds repeatedly
- Familiarity with the use of Jigs & fixtures.
- Possess attention to detail, problem solving, and communication skills
- Able to read, understand and follow blueprints and welding symbols
- Effective oral and written communication
- Exemplary attendance record
Two week rotation. 10 hour shifts. Evenings working 4:30pm – 3:00am Sunday to Wednesday and days working 6:00am – 4:30pm Monday to Thursday.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Welders: 1 year (preferred)