HSM is seeking qualified candidates for the Welder position at our Metal Plant in Hickory, NC. There is a 2nd shift position (Monday-Friday – 3:30pm-11:30pm) and 3rd shift position (Sunday – Thursday – 11:30pm-7:30am). Listed below are the Qualifications and Requirements for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welding parts into position for seat boxes, rocker bases and power yolk machines.
- Perform checks.
- Follow prints on work orders.
- Place parts onto fixture, engage machine for rocker base weld.
- Set up fixture for seat boxes and power yoke mechanisms for manual weld
- Place completed welded parts on rack for transport to next process.
- Place assigned welder mark on assembler.
- Complete necessary paperwork that will be used for SPC and maintain production schedule.
- Properly identify all containers as WIP, rework, or non-conforming product.
- Maintain safe operation.
- Must be able to use calipers, micrometers, tape measure, industrial size hand tools.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and take direction well.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to read and interpret mechanical prints.
- Must be able to do simple math (add, subtract, divide, and multiply.)
- Must have excellent attendance and work record.
- Must have 1-2 years of production welding experience (MIG Welding)
- Must be able to perform other duties as deemed by management.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 – $16.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Welding: 1 year (Required)
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma