Welders perform some or all of the following duties:
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications
- Be able to fit up large pieces of steel plate and weld using metal core wire
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding
- Computer skills required to sign into jobs, work orders, issue parts, request time off etc.
- apprentice welder 1st 2nd or 3rd year.