Description of duties:
- Lay out, fit, and fabricate metal components to assemble structural forms, such as machinery frames and conveyor systems using straightedge, combination square, calipers, and rulers.
- Use knowledge of metallurgy
- Analyze engineered drawings – read and interpret blueprints
- Tack-welds or welds components and assemblies, using electric, gas, arc, or other welding equipment.
- Cuts workpiece, using powered saws, hand shears, or chipping knife.
- Observes tests on welded surfaces, such as hydrostatic, x-ray, and dimension tolerance to evaluate weld quality and conformance to specifications.
- Removes rough spots from workpiece, using portable grinder, hand file, or scraper.
- Inspects grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using micrometer, caliper, and precision measuring instruments.
- Welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Heats, forms, and dresses metal parts, using hand tools, torch, or arc welding equipment.
- Union position
- 3 month probationary period followed by the opportunity for direct hire
- Single and Family Benefit packages are available
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Permanent
Salary: From $23.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday