Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference.
This position has a $1,000 Sign On Bonus
Brief Summary of This Position
The Welding Assistant position is an individual contributor in the Aluminum Welding Department. This person must be a highly driven individual that will assist in welding metal and/or aluminum components together to fabricate or repair products according to layouts, blueprints, or work orders using a variety of arc welding equipment.
- Responsible for assist in welding metal and/or aluminum components together to fabricate or repair products according to layouts, blueprints, or work orders using a variety of arc welding equipment.
- Responsible for using the plasma machine to burn holes in poles and/or components.
- Determine the needed component parts for welders.
- Prepare components for welding by fitting together in ?? ready to weld?? condition.
- Work from shop copies, drawings, and other written instructions within tolerances.
- Utilize all safety devices and wear all mandatory personal protective safety equipment.
- Maintain and operate production tooling and fixtures as well as all welding equipment in a safe and secure manner.
- Read and complete labor reporting system, standard shop forms, and blueprints.
- Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE) and work both in a non-temperature controlled environment and outdoors.
- Other duties as required and/or assigned.
Important Details about the Role
- The employee is responsible for own work.
- Must be able to work with other employees to complete job.
- Setup, operate, and perform general maintenance of equipment without difficulty.
- Make mathematical calculations in preparing product or setting up the machinery.
- Read and decipher blue prints and work orders without assistance and use them to properly weld.
- The employee must maintaina safe and productive work environment producing a quality product which is shipped complete and on time to satisfy the needs of the customer.
- The employee has a direct impact on safety, quality, productivity, TME (total manufacturing expenses), and customer satisfaction.
- This position reports to the Shift Lead.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- The ability to calculate simple mathematics and interpret shop drawings.
- Basic working knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Outlook or similar email software.
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems or issues.
- The ability to work in a team environment with a diverse group of people.
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions .
- The ability to meet production, safety, and quality standards in a high-paced working environment.
- Minimum of 1 year manufacturing experience
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds, with most frequent lift up to 20 pounds.
- Read blue prints.
- Ability to use tape measure.
- Ability to be Valmont trained and certified in operation of forklift.
- Wear required personal protective equipment and follow facility safety regulations.
- Maintain a safe and productive working environment.
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- CWB and AWS Qualified Welder.
- 1 ?? 3 years of experience in a professional welding position.
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instruction.s
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results.
- Must have a high awareness for safety at all times.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email .