The Shop Supervisor is responsible for all facets of shop supervision including placement of workers, work priority, health and safety, quality control, shop organization, equipment maintenance, enforcing company policies and procedures, employee training and daily supervision of all shop employees and workflow.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must be CWB Certified (all positions), CWB Welding Supervisor (does not have to be current) or willing to achieve status
- Through understanding in the use and maintenance of various welding processes – SMAW, GMAWA, GTAW, Plasma, Oxy-Acct
- Completion of Apprenticeship, Red Seal Program in the welding / metal fabricating trade or equipment
- 5 years or more in a lead hand or supervisory position or equivalent experience.
- Strong aluminum welding skills
- 5 years or more in custom metal fabricating
- Understanding of non destructive and destructive weld testing methods i.e. mag particle, dye penetrate, bend test, break test
- Experienced in the operation and maintenance of shop equipment including but not limited to: metal shears, brakes, plasma cutters, iron-worker, band saw, over head crane, forklift etc
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft Office, email
Wages are negotiable for the right candidate.
DeMonte Fabricating welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- welding: 5 years (Required)